Welcome to the Uptown District's home page!
By strengthening our District, we are continually working to make Cedar Rapids a stronger community.
Explore our website for District and city-wide opportunities available to you.
for a list of members, Not on the list? Become a member today!
Learn all about our new Executive Director, Jerry Ziese.
Organization Quick Facts
- Non-profit organization, established February 2007
- Located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Consists of businesses, organizations and friends between 10th and 20th Streets along First Avenue, including Coe College and Mount Mercy University, Moundview Neighborhood, and Wellington Heights
- Monthly meetings are held to discuss and resolve issues
- Regularly meets with Cedar Rapids Police to discuss safety and concerns
- Contributions are used for District-wide programming and promotion of District businesses and partners
- Established as a 501c3
- Initiated a Student
Discount Card for Coe and Mount Mercy students to restaurants and retail
- Began redevelopment and
revitalization with signs, more efficient cleanup and beautification
- Initiated the opening of
the Community Connections Resource Center (CR Police Substation)
2014 District Goals
- Increase District membership and continue growth
- Host District-wide and collaborate with nonprofits
- Maintain beautification and enhancements of the District (clean-up days and trash receptacles)
- Promote the Student Savings Discount Card and encourage the support of District businesses
- Continued efforts of safety and security of the District
Become a Member
Uptown District has many new goals for the year. We want you to be a
part of them. Continue to propel the District forward by becoming a
contributing member today! The District is here to serve you and your
businesses, so please let us know what we can do to help promote your
organization. If you're interested in becoming a member, please email email@example.com. Or fill out our membership application here: 2015 Membership App
Are you sick of this cold weather and need
something to look forward to in the Spring? Well we have just the event for
you! Enjoy a taste of the town! Take a ride on the trolley or walk from vendor
to vendor to eat your way to Uptown! On Saturday,
April 4th, 2015, from 12:00
PM to 6:00 PM come get the ultimate experience of the Taste of Uptown
District. This event features many restaurants including: Brewed Awakenings,
Butcher Block Steakhouse, China Inn, Home Port, JM O’Malley’s, Just Jules,
Mahoney’s, Paddy O’Rourks, Tic Toc, Xavier’s, Zio Johno’s, Mikey’s Family
Restaurant, Wendy’s, and Hy-Vee. Come enjoy some specials offered by each
restaurant and even watch a March Madness basketball game too! Be looking for
post from us every Tuesday and Thursday that will feature each restaurant and
their specials for the day!
For more information, “like” our Facebook
page and share with your friends!
Be sure to check out a complete list of our District Member Events!
Have you signed up for our monthly E-Newsletter? Stay updated on the District by signing up here.